Mountain Life in Colorado: Home in Colorado for Awhile

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Home in Colorado for Awhile

After a huge long drive we are finally home. It's 2:00 in the morning and we left Mpls at 10a.m. We did stop for dinner and some bathroom breaks. That is the first time we, as a family, drove non-stop. Long, long, drive when you don't break it up. Minnesota/Wisconsin was great. We got home from Wisconsin on Tuesday and dropped Eric off at Steve's office. We hit rush hour which was awful. It added another 45 min to the drive. It was a nice relaxing night and I did laundry.
Wednesday I had some friends from high school over for drinks on the patio. It's always fun to see my friends from way back and we remember good ol' times and tell funny stories. It's great what comes out. You forget about those things. The mosquito's were bad and my citronella incense was not working. Sorry guys.
Everyone left at around 12 and I cleaned up and went to bed remembering things about high school.
The state fair was the next day. We drove to Southdale Mall and parked the car and hopped on a bus that took us to the fair. It was convenient and the fair was extremely crowded. The girls were having a ball and Jack was putting up with all of it. We walked over to the other side of the fairgrounds that we hadn't seen yet and that is where all of the machinery was. Jack finally started to enjoy himself once he started seeing things like chainsaws, quads, trucks, plow set-ups, tractors, snowmobiles, etc. I love that stuff too. The girls don't. To bad so sad. We were looking. They had their fun. Actually, all we needed to do to pacify them was to purchase a bag of donuts or cheese curds or corn dogs and they were fine. I can't believe the stuff we were eating. Time for some cleansing. Tomorrow, I exercise. Wish me well. The altitude is going to kick my butt.

2 comments:

Salzajan said...

oh shit... what kind of friend was I leaving w/out helping you clean up??

hefr said...

You are a GREAT friend Jan and the clean up was very little. I was all jacked up anyway still laughing at all of the funny stories.