Mountain Life in Colorado: Decompressing

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Decompressing

I'm going to get to Costa Rica and sleep for a week straight. On the beach. I'm whooped. These past 2 weeks have aged me immensely, darn-it! I'm sure the wine I have consumed hasn't helped either. The house is put back together. Carpet is in. What a project that was. Every time we decide to do a project around the house it is a can of worms opened up and man this was a huge can. We just kept adding more and more work for ourselves. We love the outcome and sitting in my house looking around makes me feel great that we accomplished all of that in such a short period of time. I'm so glad Jack is handy. He is a craftsman and can build anything and he had great ideas. Hang this, rip up this, fix this, move this, and he did with out to many eye rolls. He hung in there and worked his butt off for me and for the house. I'm very grateful.
Last night I hosted book club for 13 of us, 5 didn't make it. I made 3 pans of lasagna, one vegetarian, 2 meat. 3 loaves of French bread, apps, and a friend brought the salad and dessert. Having to make the last two items would have thrown me off the edge. It was a lot of work and I was happy to do it. I must say, I make an excellent lasagna. I use a lot of garlic, and make my sauce from scratch and I never use a recipe. It comes out great every time. Very flavorful. So that was the end of my gotta get things done feeling and I'm decompressing. Now I can concentrate on getting things packed and set aside for the summer and hopefully with as little as we're taking with us it will all go smoothly. The girls need all new summer clothes because they both grew like weeds this winter and nothing fits. Time to hit our favorite thrift stores in Denver next week. They love shopping at the thrift store. It's where we buy all of their back to school clothes. Good thing they haven't copped an attitude about it. They know what they'd hear from me, "to bad so sad." It's a good feeling when you walk out with clothes for the next six months and have forked over a measly $30-$40 bucks. I wish I would have started shopping at thrift stores earlier on.
Time for a nap.

No comments: