Mountain Life in Colorado: Just Sayin'

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Just Sayin'

I just read a post from a favorite blogger and boy did it sink in deep. The blog was titled "Thinking of moving to Costa Rica" and it was about the American attitude of ex pats who relocate to CR for the sake of running AWAY from the U.S. and taking their negativity with them. She made a point of saying that their family ran TO Costa Rica not AWAY from the U.S. I too, am not running away from anything. I happen to absolutely love where I live. I may complain about the weather and the extremeness of living where we do but I love it and never want to give this place up. Every time we travel to Costa Rica we meet many Americans and many of them seem to have an unpleasant attitude about the U.S. Fair enough, but don't tell me about it if I don't ask. I really don't care what other's feel. I hate getting sucked into a conversation that I could care less about. I find I get myself more and more isolated and maybe it makes me appear cold and not friendly but people who are more and more apt to start bad-mouthing things I don't want to hear about will get a cold shoulder from me. People are often asking us why we are leaving and will we ever come back. I don't know what our future holds. All I know is that I love the good ol' U.S. of A. and if we don't return it's not because we're fed up with the politics here. It's because we are a family and we have bonded like we have never bonded before and we are happy. I hope to contribute something positive to the people of Costa Rica and I do not want to be there as an unmotivated, bitchy, complaining person expecting things to go my way. Nuff said.

No comments: