Mountain Life in Colorado: Entertaining

Monday, May 3, 2010

Entertaining

     I'm watching "Dancing with the Stars" with my daughters.  Jack is putting up some dry wall.  Our house is a disaster.  We have been doing some serious projects for over a week now.  The carpet is torn up, the upstairs girls bathroom is being painted so it's out of order.   We are all in one bathroom.  Jordan's room is ripped up.  There are things displaced throughout the entire house.  We haven't done this much to our house at one time ever.  It's great.  I'm loving the upgrades and cannot wait to see the new carpet on Wed.  It better be finished Wednesday as we were already put off once by the company.  No bueno.  I'm hosting book club here Friday night and a little nervous.  I don't usually have many people up to our house because of the size of our small house.  It's not set up for entertaining.  There are over 15 ladies in this book club and we don't all know each other that well.  I just get nervous for things like that.  I'm hoping things aren't to cramped for the party.  I'll put a leaf in the table and call it good.  I'm looking forward to it.  The book we are discussing is "The Help."  Excellent book.  I need to finish it.  I also just read my Mom's favorite book, "Colony."  It's worth the read.  I can see why it was her favorite.  She was so cute and loved to read.  More than anyone I knew. 
     Time to vote for our "Dancing with the Stars" fav.  Evan and Anna.  It was a serious toss up.  The girls won.  I wanted to vote for Niecy and Louis. 

No comments: