Mountain Life in Colorado: Lazy Day

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Lazy Day






Yesterday was a lazy, lazy day. We got up early to catch the 8am bus. It never came. From what we could understand from Armando, the store owner where we catch the bus, it is not running anymore from Playa Avellanas for awhile. Unless you want to catch it at 5:30 in the morning. We couldn't really understand him enough to get the whole story but the bus is out for awhile. I'm thinking maybe it's because the kiddos here are on a 2 week break from school so they have cut back. Who knows?
We walked back to our casita, made some breakfast and hung out. It started to rain after a bit and I went back to bed and read my book for awhile until I fell asleep. I took a good long nap. Something about sleeping when it's raining is very soothing.
I read some more after I woke up and really didn't do anything all day. At 3:00 Bart and Liz came over and we all went to the store and got some dinner stuff. We wanted to treat them to a cocktail for driving us so we went to Las Olas and had some drinks. We came back to our casita and I cooked us dinner which was a stovetop delight. I'm getting pretty good on that stovetop. It was a fun evening and I can't wait to do it again. They are good people.
The creatures are not in any bathroom. Who knows where they went. I'm sure we'll get another one before we leave here this month. Today we make our reservation for Arenal. 3 nights there and that will be our mini vacation from Avellanas. We are really looking forward to Arenal. Everyone here raves about it.

The pictures are of the girls walking on the road to the bus this morning. It was a gorgious morning. The road was a little wet from early morning rain. The mosquitos were terrible.

No comments: