Mountain Life in Colorado: Riding to Tamarindo-WHEW!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Riding to Tamarindo-WHEW!

Hannah and I are going to try our luck at catching the bus to Santa Cruz again today.
Yesterday Jack and I decided to ride to the lot and get some groceries and do some other errands. We put on our packs, good shoes and bug spray and sun screen. We rode, first, to get groceries. Jack said we should go to the Auto Mercado in Tamarindo so he could go to the bank and get some money out to pay his guys. It's a haul. I felt very strong and my beach cruiser is wonderful. Maybe I'm ready for a single speed. NOT! We got some groceries and loaded our packs and started riding to the lot and Jack said he wanted to ride back because he wasn't feeling well. He was actually bonking. I've never seen Jack bonk before so it was interesting to say the least. It's me who always loses my energy and can't keep up. We didn't go to the lot and got back to the house 3 1/2 hours later. The kids are so great about keeping a watch on the dog and the house isn't trashed when we come back. They are turning into such responsible young ladies. I love it.
Jack got fueled up and re-hydrated and we sat in the pool and then went to the beach. The beach was perfect today. Clouds, a little wind and no people. I love it like that.
We paid the electric bill for Bart and Liz. We were instructed to go to the blue building/store in Panilla next to the other store and we walked in and said we were there to pay an electric bill. He asked, "como se llama?" We said the name and he produced a bill for $46,000 colones and we paid. He stamped the bill and it was quick and simple. I thought it would be more painful than that. It wasn't, thank goodness.
We stopped at the fruit and vegetable stand which is the best one we have found and they only set up on Monday. We loaded up and they also have 3 coolers full of meats and seafood. It's where Jack purchased the Tuna a few weeks ago that was to die for. We decided to get some shrimp this time. Last night I made a shrimp for dinner. It was wonderful. It's been so much fun cooking now. Having a Kitchen Aid, and bowls and pans. I am making homemade tortillas. They are phenomenal. And not that time consuming. I need to get a Kitchen Aid as soon as I get home. I can't believe how long I have gone without one. I've been making homemade pancakes every morning as well. MMMMMMMM.
As we were in Panilla yesterday we saw the bus to Santa Cruz and it was down with a flat tire. So, today will be a crap shoot as to if the bus shows up or not. We won't wait for an hour today. I'll give it 15 minutes.
Time to see how the pool boy is doing. He was cleaning it when I left. I'll post a picture of him.

No comments: