Mountain Life in Colorado: Hannah and Mom Time

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hannah and Mom Time

Yesterdays adventure with Hannah was so much fun. We made it on the bus and as we were driving it started to rain. It rained harder and harder as we went along the bumpy road. We got to 27 de Abril (that's the town's name) and it was coming down so hard. I thought the bus was going to have to pull over but no, it kept on driving. We got to Santa Cruz and needed our umbrellas, which I didn't forget, and went straight for food. We ate at the fast food place called Pollo Frito. Fried chicken and it was yummy. My system didn't like it but my tastebuds sure did. We then went shopping for stuff. We got some little items and headed to the panaderia for a sweet treet and some coffee for me. Later we walked to the ice cream store and Hannah had an ice cream topped with gummy bears. I enjoyed an ice cold beer. We went to the grocery store for some other stuff and loaded the bus. The ride home was dark and dank and the bus smelled like it was under water for ever. The musty smell reminded me of the casita. I kept thinking scorpions were going to crawl out of the seats any minute. They didn't. We got dropped off right in front of the road to our house and walked the 5 minute, super muddy walk to the gate. My feet were so caked with mud that I felt like I was walking on planks. Hannah was laughing at me so hard and wanted to get a picture but the mud fell off just as we walked through the gate to the driveway. I also remembered bug spray and we doused ourselves good right when we got off the bus. It's such a bonus walking without getting attacked by mosquitos.
Jordan and Jack were in the pool when we arrived so we all went for a swim to cool down. It was a great day and Hannah was glad to have some Hannah and Mom time, as she called it.

No comments: