Mountain Life in Colorado: 5 days left to pack

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

5 days left to pack

We leave for Costa Rica for the summer in 5 days. It's finally down to the last week of packing and I think we're doing pretty well. I do think we are going to need one more suitcase to check on, unfortunately. Maybe not. I'm really pushing on not having to pack anything else. It's the books and summer school stuff that I wish I didn't have to haul with me. Jordan is in a program for Dyslexics. It's teaching her how to read and spell through this system, which is really cool, and I need the material which is this big spiral bound book, actually 2 of them. It's costing me some room but oh well. We need it. I also ordered some books to take with us. Hannah picked out 2 books as well as Jordan and I figured they could swap and I am bringing 4 books. I'll fly through those and hope to find some more down there. I should have purchased Kindle or something before but I didn't discover that until just recently. Plus, I like having a book in my hands. Something about turning the pages.
We had a great Memorial weekend down at my cousins in Denver. The weather was perfect and the company was perfect. I have a great family. Good laughs as always. We got home yesterday with about 1 hour left of sun, before it sets behind the mountain and Jordan and I sat in the hammock and talked. She is going through a low time right now. She is in shredded tears almost everyday about something and she just can't seem to pull herself together. I know us leaving is really starting to sink in and she is not one to accept change very well. She likes things to be consistent and when there is a change in our schedule or something is not as she expected it to be she loses it. I'm trying to keep calm myself because if she sees me stressed, in her mind, something must be seriously wrong. After all, I'm her mom and I'm suppose to be the stable one, right? She'll be fine. I'm taking her to get a pedicure today. Her first one. It's our little celebration for making it through the home school year together. Hopefully it will bring her out of her funk. She is stressed about it a bit because she has never has one and I know she will be so psyched after. Once again, since she's never had one it's new and she's unsettled about it. "Is it going the hurt? What about my little toe that I pick? What do I do if it does hurt? Can I change my mind if I don't want one? Are you going to get one? What if I don't like it?" The questions never stop and I wish she could understand that it's just a pedicure. It's all part of her life and we are so used to it. I just answer her questions and let her decide what she want's to do. She'll love it. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: