Mountain Life in Colorado: Scorpions

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Scorpions

Oh, the dilemma of dinner. Tonight I'm making up potatoes, rice and beans and onions and garlic. We have tortillas again so we'll roll the mixture up into a burrito and top it with some tobasco. We didn't buy avacados at the market and now I'm kicking myself. We should never be without avacados.
Hannah had a scorpion crawling on her leg today. It freaked her and all of us out big time. If that thing would have stung her she would have been down for the count for a couple of hours. We have seen them inside our casita but they are small and they run away. This one was large and black not like the little brown ones that we have seen on occasion. When we get home from the beach the first thing we all do is rinse off in the outside shower and either call it good or take a thorough one inside. Tonight, I needed to wash my hair so I went inside. When I was finished with my shower I grabbed the towel hanging up and shook it, just in case, and sure enough, a scorpion flew off the towel. One more thing we need to be careful about. Most of the bugs I'm not to worried about. Scorpions HURT if they sting you. And you can feel it for awhile. I've been stung in Mexico before and it is not good. Thank God Hannah didn't get stung. She was not a happy camper to have that thing on her. Hopefull we won't see them to often.
We have internet now at our casita. It doesn't work inside, so I'm told, but at least I don't have to walk over to Elliot's house and sit on his porch. We'll see how well it works tomorrow morning during my usual blog time. Right now it seems to be working fine. Fingers crossed.

No comments: