Mountain Life in Colorado: Happy Birthday Jordan

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Jordan

Good morning. And a beautiful one at that. It's Jordan's Birthday today. 14 years old. We don't have much planned except trying to find a cake or more like it a cupcake or something. She has these grandiose plans of going up to Las tortugas, a place we have stayed before, and swimming and eating lunch. I just don't know how we'll get up there. The bus doesn't run from here to there and a taxi is mucho dinero. We don't have mucho dinero. So maybe lunch at Lola's and a good day at the beach. Someday she'll thank us. The monkeys usually start grumbling at the break of dawn. It's so cool to hear them. If you've never heard a howler monkey before it is quite the sound. They don't really howl like you'd imagine. They sound like a lion roaring. It's loud. And the monkeys aren't that big. I'm sitting in my usual blogging spot. Elliot saw me yesterday and told me to come around to the front of the porch and sit there but I feel wierd since this is his home and I'd literally be sitting in his outdoor area. So, I'm on the back porch and I can hear Rosa and Pablo having a bird conversation. All of a sudden, I hear, clear as day, "Hannah, Hannah, Hannah," over and over. I think it's Pablo. He's saying it super loud that I'm thinking she is going to wake up and come out of the casita saying "WHAT!" thinking it's me or something. Those birds are a crack up.
Remind me not to plant a mango tree on our lot. They are huge and a great source of shade but super messy. Rotten mangos are constantly falling from the tree. Walking to and from this porch is like playing dodge the falling rotten mango.
My spell check is in Spanish and I haven't figured out how to get everything in English. So I apologize is my spelling is not correct for now. I'll work on it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Jordan from us! I'm glad your trip is going so well- keep up the blogging! Thinking of you!
Deb, Rob and Tori

Kelly said...

Good Morning Hef and Happy birthday yesterday to Jordan! I just got caught up on your Blog. Thank you for sharing your adventures. Keep it up Hef. you are going to be so glad that you have this daily log of this special time. You are all very brave! I say duct tape for all those holes...especially the spider hole. I will ship you a supply if you don't have any! Keep the stories coming. I thought of you as I opened my eyes to LOTS of snow this AM girl...and it is still coming. Let Jack and the girls know that winter is not over in Summit County yet! Yay for you all that you are there.

Love Kel & crew.

Anonymous said...

Post this comment its your present. Happy B-day Jordan.

form Tori