Mountain Life in Colorado: Sleeping in

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sleeping in

We woke up to rain this early morning and I was glad. I needed to sleep and so I did. Jack did too which is rare. He is always up at 5 or not much after. We all were tired and fell back to sleep. At around 7:45 we were awakened by Poncho whistling and yelling "HANNAH" again. It's so funny to hear a bird yelling that. We were all laying in bed cracking up at Pancho.
Jack rode out to the lot and the girls and I sat inside and chilled. A good down day is needed every once in awhile. I read and finished my book.
I made rice and beans for lunch. We're going over to Bart and Liz's for a BBQ this afternoon. Hannah couldn't be more excited to eat a steak. It's like Heaven for her. It's all she has been talking about for a day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi All, Every day is another awesome adventure for the Bussy Family. So cool! Hey, I searched the internet high and low for info on your
two-clawed-creature-beetle-spider.
Absolutely no info on this thing. It's a freak - get rid of it! I know I'll sleep better tonight. Maybe you will too.
Later, Ilene

Anonymous said...

Just wondering, is there any wild fruit you can just pick and eat around you? (Ya know, like wild raspberries here)

hefr said...

As far as fruit goes, there are trees here but it seems like they're not in season or something. Haven't figured that one out. We mainly get everything from stands on the road. They are cheap and have a great variety and it seems to be the way to go.